Installation of saltwater chlorine generators for inground pools is a fairly simple process. Below are the basic steps involved:
1. Ensure the pool has clean enough water.
2. Mount the saltwater chlorine generatorâ€™s control unit near the pool. This is where professional services come in handy to ensure the wiring and entire set-up is done properly.
3. Ensure that the chlorinatorâ€™s chlorine cell is in series with the water flow from the pool to ensure that the water passes through before making its way back into the pool.
4. Add the salt into the water and wait for the pump to ensure uniform distribution.
5. Turn on the chlorinator. The water will pass through the cell and the dissolved salt will be electrolyzed to produce hypochlorous acid. Once the timer indicates that the process is complete, turn off the chlorine generator.